September 10, 2020
Garfield County Courthouse's stoic Civil War bronze statue keeps steady vigil over downtown Pomeroy, in front of the historic 1901 courthouse. The Grand Army of the Republic placed a statue in 1904, which was removed in the 1950s, and replaced with this one in 2000, courtesy of VFW Post No. 2351 and the Garfield County Pioneer Society.
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.